Forums

Forum Home > GENERAL RUNNING > Which gels?

M.Harrison

Just wondering if anybody has any advice on which running gels are best to use? I am doing a marathon on 11th oct and I dont want to carry any bulk or have to take anything with water. If their is a gel that is compact and digestable by itself that would be great. Also where is the best place to buy?

Michael Harrison

September 29, 2009 at 5:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

roytonroadrunners
Site Owner

Glad to see the Forum being used again! I've used High5 EnergyGel in my marathons over the last few years & found them OK - although find that I prefer to take them just before drinks stations to wash them down! I buy mine 'in bulk' from wiggle.co.uk. However, I know that they don't suit everybody...I think the most important advice is don't eat/drink anything during the race that you've not tried out beforehand. You've still just about got time to try a few different types on training runs & see which you prefer...

October 2, 2009 at 5:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George

Hi Mike, wish i could help u on this one,most of the gels that i've tried just made me feel sick,i've seen Dave Smith using them, mabe you should have a word with him.If not him i'm sure there will be someone else in the club that can advise you.

While i'm on i'll take this oppertunity to wish you good luck & good health in your first marathon,take your time mate & enjoy the day.I hope you all  have a great weekend,i'll be thinking of you.Bye

George  

October 2, 2009 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

M.Harrison

Cheers for reply. I have bought SIS GO gels as they seem popular on Runners World forum, but I will take your advice and try them out on training run first.

October 5, 2009 at 5:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Davla

George at 05:44AM on Oct 02, 2009

Hi Mike, wish i could help u on this one,most of the gels that i've tried just made me feel sick,i've seen Dave Smith using them, mabe you should have a word with him.If not him i'm sure there will be someone else in the club that can advise you.

While i'm on i'll take this oppertunity to wish you good luck & good health in your first marathon,take your time mate & enjoy the day.I hope you all  have a great weekend,i'll be thinking of you.Bye

George  

Hi mike , i hope i'm in time to give you this gem. At the new york marathon i will be taking 100mls of a juice called monavie, i have been taking it for 5 days now first thing in the morning. It.s taken the U S by storm to quote Fox news," this little berry is absolutely amazing" they are refering to the acai berry from the amazon. I am amazed at how fit i feel. If you want a bottle i have one spare its not cheap £25 but lasts about 14 days.

October 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.